final shock / sway question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
SO got my shocks in (2 months ago) and finally (after grad parties and summer insanity) have some time to replace them. Got the garage all scheduled for Saturday, and looking forward to getting this done.

I am also replacing the sway bar with the Express, so question on sequencing.

Should I do shocks first then sway, vice versa, or it doesn't matter?

Also saw tips on spraying the bolts with penetrant prior to the work. Will WD40 work or is there a much better alternative that you guys recommend?

:supercool:Thanks in advance for all the awesome advice!:supercool:

Doesn't matter, BUT it is slightly easier to do the sway bar with no shocks in the way.

Todd Z

I like PB Blaster but any penetrating fluid on dry old bolts is better than none! Drop your spare tire tire and as Todd says remove the shocks then re and re the sway bar then re install shocks. Hope it goes smooth, I did my right shock on my 2003 last week but havent got around to dropping that emission control box to do the drivers side yet. :haveabeer:

I highly recommend wire brushing the threads too - if they are rusty - and then one more application of PB Blaster. 1-2 days of spaying it in advance helps too if you have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
GearWrench 13mm swivel head ratchet FTW. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts