Fender Brace In Place

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a little bit of design but its complete and in place - While I was in there. I made a 5" opening at the airbox so it can breath a little better - The Brace is 100% cosmetic for the critic in the crowd and yes, I know that STA's don't have strut towers - It looks great when the hood it opened and on display -

[Broken External Image]:

Nice Idea. If the brace is ridgid. The points of mount are in the heavy most ridgid part of the inner uni-body.

I think it will help some with cowl flex....:supercool:

looks good to me.:supercool: Maybe firm enough to lean on while working under there. Hang a light on, set your wrench on, hold nut and bolts. Looks very useful. Very unique idea.

If a vehicle had strut towers I'm guessing this would act like a sway bar? Don't know what cowl flex is (like the hood flexing from hauling @$$?)but I don't need to fully understand it to like it. Maybe it will help the hood from denting in when the neighbor kids are playing Dukes of Hazzard on it. j/k You've good a mean ride there, Sir.

It was put in with Fender Bolts and was made with the 2012 Mustang GT Strut Tower Brace - In fact it took two - Roush sells Take-Offs cheap - we combined them, tig'd them together, and inverted the Mounts to Vert -

It is very solid -

Latest posts