Fed up with the Tranny

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
Again I am having more problems with the transmission. First it had to be rebuilt. Of course after the warranty is up the tranny dies again.

This is where it gets just great.....

The shop puts in a new rebuilt transmission. On the way home from the shop the tranny starts slipping and the O/D light is blinking. Take the truck back to the shop the next day and they say they have to order another one.

After waiting 3 days again for my truck I finally get it back. Drive it home and it feels a little funny but it didn't slip or the O/D light did not flash. Well the next day I am coming home and coming up to a red light. Transmission downshifts and feels like it slips majorly, and my truck stalls at the light.

It starts back up just fine but as soon as I put it into drive it stalls immediately. Reverse Drive 1 and 2 the truck would stall when I would put it into gear. It would run fine in park or neutral. So we have to push the truck into the gas station and have it towed to the transmission shop. They don't come in till monday so I won't know whats up till then.

:angry::angry::angry:

But is there something else wrong besides the tranny that could be causing this to happen? Or have I just gotten 2 bad rebuilt transmissions? :wacko:

Nope, that tranny shop is not a good one.....

Sorry, I know this sucks..

Todd Z

Yea its kind of funny because the shop I took it to has one of the best reputations around the area. Oh well. Hopefully the third one is the charm. :wacko::wacko:

Latest posts