Farewell ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the older Avalanche and I like this one even better, but too much truck for me. My Trac is the perfect size but is easily dwarfed by other trucks around town. Oh well.

I read Chevy cleaned up the interior real good. How's it feel? Anyhow, goodluck Stylin.

P.S. I like those wheels. IMO, Chevy has been putting out some nice 20s for their trucks.

congrats, it looks real nice. the new av is much better looking than the old tupperware model.

good luck and stick around !

...SWEET RIDE!!!...looks like it was inspired from a cross between a Caddy Escalade EXT and a Honda Ridgeline!...Wonder if it comes in black?...so, it's no more 'blue oval' for Stylin...formal dress 'bowtie' req'd!...Hope you stick around this forum...Good Luck!

Congrats!!! I like it alot. Good luck with it. I priced the Avalanche when I was looking. Fully loaded was around $42,000 (4 years ago) I am happy I ended up with an ST, but I still do like the newer Avalanches. Loos nice. Have fun with it.

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. I like those wheels. IMO, Chevy has been putting out some nice 20s for their trucks.

Those wheels are an expensive option. $1725, I think. But the Ave seems to be designed to have those wheels. The other two 17" options, IMHO are pretty lame. The wheels really finish off the truck nicely.

Good luck STylin'. Sweet looking ride. They definately got thier heads out of thier butts when they redesigned that vehicle. I didn't like the looks of the original due to the plastic being half way up the sides. When they removed the plastic a couple years ago, they started to grow on me. Now, that design is really nice. Congrats.;)

I like this body style much better than the earlier version.

Hope it does everything you need or want it to. I can't imagine it not doing so. You were happy with the Trac and this is larger and stronger,,,

I like the appearence of the new Avs as well, smoother look to them, and the plastic even looks streamlined some. I couldn't own one but Happy you are happy with your choice, it's very nice Congrats! :)

That's a nice looking truck! I like the storage compartments on the top/side of the bed.

I parked next to a ridgeline at the store over the weekend. There IS a clear difference, make no mistake!

The owner was coming out as I was pulling in. He did appear a little intmidated by the Ave, he kept eyeing it up as he was loading groceries. I was surprised by the swing-out "tailgate?" on his ridgeline. I can see where that would be helpful, instead of reaching past the tailgate sometimes. I noticed his bed had a nice "domelight", as does the Ave. Does the ST have that yet? Nice feature, I just wish on the Ave, it was triggered by the tailgate openeing, instead of just the doors unlocking.

New Avalanche looks much better than older model but too big for me. The Trac is just what I was looking for.......bigger than a Ranger, but smaller than the F150 S'crew.

Fridgeline wannabe.

:D I wanted to not like the new Avalanche when I first saw it, and that was the only basis I had. That it's profile somewhat resembeled the ridgeline. But the more I looked at the Ave, the more I found to like about it. I think the profile views are similar, because they eased the slope on the windshield, and softened up the front end. But the entire GMT-900 line is like that, so you know it wasn't a copy cat move.

In talking with a buddy, I mentioned how I don't like the way the bed sides slopes on the Ridgeline, reminds me too much of an El Camino. So neither one of us can look at the Ridgeline now without thinking El Camino. :lol:

Latest posts