Eye Surgery...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam H

Reaction score
Well, off I go to Jacksonville, Florida to get my eye surgery done. I have to make two trips, sadly, as they won't do both eyes on the same day.

Here is a YouTube link of what I'll be getting and going through. I'm not eligible for either LASIK nor PRK, so I'm getting "Implantable Collamer Lenses", or ICL. Basically, they shove contact lenses inside my eyeball!

Please wish me some luck and I'll be back on here soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiiMTMez81w

Our receptionist's husband had that done and it restored his vision back to 20/20. It's also very typical that they will only do any kind of surgery on one eye at a time due to the risk of infection and you loosing sight in both eys. It's just not worth the risk for a little more convenience.

...Rich

Two eye posts in a row! ICLs are a good choice, rarely done because most people fall in the range for LASIK/PRK. Early on, the incidence of cataract after ICLs was pretty high, because even a minor accidental "bump" of the natural lens is enough to cause a cataract. These days, only the slickest surgeons put in ICLs. I'm sure it will turn out well. :cool:

Best of luck with it all.

I can see why they would not do both at one time.

Lets get one in there and make sure it is good to go as well as your health...

Some things are worth waiting for.

I was going to have ICL done back in july but the risks outweighted the possible outcome. I have been wearing glasses since I was 5, I am now 29, so I am going to live with glasses, lol

Best of luck and a safe trip...

Todd Z

Latest posts