exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick weaver

Reaction score
Right now i have the random tech y-pipe, flowmaster catback (single in, single out),magnaflow hi-flow cats, and a mac intake but i want my truck to be louder and i dont think that dual flowmasters would do it. So i was thinking maybe 3" straight duals my only question is, i dont know if it would sound weird or not on a v6 ive heard straight pipes on plenty of v8's but never on a v6 whats your opinion? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick,

If you open it up anymore, you're going to lose a lot more low-end torque. Also, straight pipe will probably be very loud, and might sound too "ricey". Shorty headers might make a difference...

traintrac,

i have thought about that, thats why i didnt go with the dual flowmasters to begin with because i didnt want to loose any more back pressure so i could gain and not loose power but ive just gotten too used to the sound that its putting out now so i was loking for a way to make it louder. Do you think if i did do the straight pipes and then got an XCal2 i would gain power or atleast set it back to where it was before i got the straights because i was going to order one soon?

You wont be able to tune back in the low end torque loss due to lack of backpressure from straight pipes....you will only be able to tune it for more top end HP....but who drives at WOT,,,unless you are nascar...