Exhaust tips

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor V

Reaction score
When my truck was hit a few weeks ago the bumper was pushed down onto my exhaust tips. I go tmy truck back this week from the body shop (Thanks Todd for recommending the Shop! Doug did a great job) but the tip have some melted plastic and junk on them. Any suggestion on what I can do to get the shine back and remove all the junk on them?

Well, to protect the invironment, maybe a putty knife or something like that, then buffing compound. Or, if your not worried about noxious fumes, BURN IT! Then buff it.

Are the tips stainless steel? I was also going to suggest melting the plastic off with small hand-held propane or butane torch. If you don't want to go to that extreme, then try heating the plastic with a heat gun or hair dryer and then prying it off with a putty knife. Then polish them with Neverdull.

thanks for the suggestions. It's a custom dual exhaust, the tips are stainless. The bad part is where the plastic is there is barely enough room to get anything in there.

Latest posts