Ever see a grown man Cry:(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill:

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved pet.

Yes, I cried at the vet when we had our 16 year old Yellow Labrador Retreiver (Austin) put to sleep. He was the best dog/friend our family could have. My wife and I were there with him till the end. Since he was so big, we took hiim to the vet in the back of the ST. They gave him his shots right in the ST bed. I was crying my eyes out and my wife wanted to know if I wanted to go to the inside of the truck. I told her I didn't care, Austin was like my kid. We just saw the movie "Marley and Me" and it was all too real for both of us.

[Broken External Image]:

I miss him and have always felt bad for having him put down. He's buried next to my barn and I say HI to him quite often. My brother made him a real nice headstone. I've met people who were a lot less human than Austin!

When you have a pet that long, they become a part of you and your family and if you don't get teary eyed, there's something wrong with you!!

Take Care,

Gary G:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
After the loss of our first Poodle, we went right out and found another one.

It has now been 5 years and "Snowball" really closed the void "Smokey" left.

ae8395185d345dc88122200cbdb6cc6c.jpg

Granddaughter Emma with Snowball

I'm sorry to read about your dog, and I understand your pain. This past spring we found out our pal had a basketball sized tuma in his chest. Cry? You bet. Saying goodbye was so hard. I still get upset even writing about it. I was never a dog person until Zues came into our lives. Dogs just love you unconditionally !

[Broken External Image]:

bill,

very sorry to hear about your loss.

i never understood the dog is part of the family until we adopted bernie.

i would be devasted without him.

keep your head up and bernie sends his prayers

[Broken External Image]:

Thx all

and sorry for the sadness most of you have been thru

In talking with the wife all day, we did what had to be done, as hard as it was.

My wife and I are 60 yrs old (she claims to be 58)

Wife says, bill do you realize getting another dawg is a 15 year commitment?

bill do you realize that we have not had a vacation in 4 yrs when our dawg started to get older.

No more dawgs, she may allow a goldfish, are great pets, and sort of disposible.

You could always pick up an older dog from a shelter. A lot of people are falling on hard times and dumping their pets on the shelters. Older dogs normally won't be adopted, because most people want puppies. You could get an older dog and save its life and have some companionship still for its last years. It is something to consider.

Greys are great dawgs, lots up for adoption in my area, most come from the caliantie race track just over the border in mex.

Not really a house pet as they need alot of space.

Have alot of experiance with greys, they were a major contributor the the stanford heart transplant program in the mid 60s as lab animals:(

bill,

grey's do not require alot of space. they are couch potatoes that just need to be walked at least 3 times a day. we do not have a fenced yard, so we walk our guy a min of 5 times a day. we also take him to a fenced in area to run.

and yes sad about med research as well as their care at some tracks.

well maybe you just need time to reflect on the great times you had with your dog.

again, sorry for your loss

gary, 5 times a day is alot of work

Greys are great dawgs, loving dawgs for sure, being hounds they do get a little smelly at times.

I spent a year in shumways transplant lab (mid 60s) we always used greys as our blood donors, being major athletes they had huge blood volumes, sad but true, they were also cheap to buy $15 bux each, always had tatoos in there ears, why I don't know, just a bunch of numbers.

Over that year I took 5 home after being bled once, all brown and black brindles, they all went to good homes.

I kept one, her name was cyclops cause she only had one eye, great dawg, she died at 9 yrs old, hounds don't live very long.

Even us doggies that are not the prettiest on the outside, but loving on the inside, we grieve your loss, but, please remember, we will be waiting for you in heaven!

Sammy the Dog

[Broken External Image]:

Sorry for your loss bill. I dont what im gonna do when my brothers dog passes, like many have said they truely do become members of the family. Btw, I went to see the new movie "Marley & Me". for all you dog lovers i strongly encourage you to not watch this movie. and for you with little kids avoid it at all cost. honestly it will most likely tramatize your child. Every single person in the theater was crying. It was incredibly sad. Im not being dramatic. I dont want to spoil it for those who will see it so i wont say why it sad but you can put 2 and 2 together. The kid behind me was screaming and crying like crazy by the end.

You could always pick up an older dog from a shelter. A lot of people are falling on hard times and dumping their pets on the shelters.

I agree ! We got Zeus from a shelter when he was 3 and he was the best dog going... We have not added another dog to our family, but when we do it will definitly be an older dog from a shelter.

It's been almost 3 years since we had to put our Sheeta baby down. She was a 13 year old border collie/lab mix that we got from the pound when she was 6 weeks old. Our daughter just killed us when she said that she didn't remember a time in her life when Sheeta wasn't there.

At the vet, my hubby couldn't stay in the room with us so my daughter and I held her until she was gone. Even our vet cried.

On Christmas day the hubby commented on how much she would have loved the bone from his T-bone steak. To this day, we can't BBQ without picturing her begging the grill to drop some food.

We will probably never have another dog and we will miss her forever.

[Broken External Image]:

Testies testies 1-2, 3 ??

Todd Z

Latest posts