Engine vibration at idle in park

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Luke

Reaction score
Just got my 2010 Sport trac adrenalin, with 1500kms on it, noticed when you let it the truck sit in park at idle, the engine vibrates, and you can feel it in the cab, like the whole trucks shaking, but in gear and neutral nothing, anyone have this issue?

thanks

Usually, I would say it's a dirty IAC (Idle Air Control) valve, however with only 1500 miles it could not have gotten that dirty already.

You may just have a bad/or defective IAC or another sensor is bad or out of tolerance. IF the AC is on when you are at idle, it can drag the engine RPMs down a little bit lower and can cause some minor vibrations.

Since it sounds like a new vehicle and still under warranty, take it to the dealer and have them fix it...And don't let them tell you "It's normal and that all Sport Trac's do that"...I'll bet the one you test drover before you purchased your did not vibrate at idle, or you probably would have noticed....I know I would have.

...Rich

Yeah I took it in today and like you said they said that it's normal, but I never noticed it when I was test driving because i never sat around in the truck in park while the truck was idling long enough to notice anything..

I say it is not normal. My '04 V6 has always idled smooth. If yours is the V8 it should be smoother. An oem V8 usually ballances better than a oem V6. The nvh harmonics are better.

Go to another dealer.

Luke,

Take the truck back to the dealer and tell them that it is unsatisfactory for the engine to vibrate at any speed, and that you know that it is not normal!

I suspect that the service writer told you that, and nobody ever checked out your truck to see if there really was a problem. That is unacceptable to me and speaks volumes about the kind of service that dealership does.

Take it back, have them write up a ticket and check it out, and do not except NO for an answer. If the service writer refuses, go to the Service Manager, then the Dealership owner/manager, and then the District manager until you get someone to look at the problem.

If all that fails or they claim they checked it out and found nothing wrong, ask them to get a new Sport Trac off the lot and let it idle and see if it vibrates...If not, ask them to explain why? I would love to hear their excuses...:boohoo:

...Rich

Rich

I called another dealer and the service advisor also owns a sport trac and he said it is normal because his does it also, and he had a customer that bought a 2010 sport trac adrenalin and he came in with the same issue as I have, and they went to test it out on a new truck on the lot, and it did the same thing,

The vibration doesnt happen when I drive, it only happens when im parked and let it idle, then it starts shaking here and there...kinda weird and dumb I think..

Latest posts