ENGINE SWAP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAV6759

Reaction score
I just got a 2001 Ford Sport Trac, and I have owned many Explorers in my time...But I'm getting fed-up with these plastic timing chain guides...Pulling the engine to do the chains is getting very old...I know this question have been asked hundreds of times, but I'm new to the forum, Is there an engine, ANY ENGINE and I do mean any ENGINE that I can swap this 4.0 out for, that don't have plastic guides and I won't have to pull the motor to change the timing chains, that I won't have to change the transmission and do a lot of work... Just a simple swap...LOL...

P.S. Who ever designed this motor at Ford need a new job...designing bike tires or something..

Thanks Mav

I just got a 2001 Ford Sport Trac, and I have owned many Explorers in my time...But I'm getting fed-up with these plastic timing chain guides...Pulling the engine to do the chains is getting very old...I know this question have been asked hundreds of times, but I'm new to the forum, Is there an engine, ANY ENGINE and I do mean any ENGINE that I can swap this 4.0 out for, that don't have plastic guides and I won't have to pull the motor to change the timing chains, that I won't have to change the transmission and do a lot of work... Just a simple swap...LOL...

P.S. Who ever designed this motor at Ford need a new job...designing bike tires or something..

Thanks Mav

Sadly nothing that’s not a 4.0. You can 5.0 swap the truck and be done with the 4.0 if your emissions laws permit it.

Latest posts