End of the Ranger?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaninVa

Reaction score
Just curious...as Ford ends the Ranger, will Mazda still make the B series? If they are...maybe we can get Mazda to make the ST! :btddhorse: :rofl:

ummmm does Ford not own Mazda?......if that's the case I'm sure that will never happen. :cry:

Has anybody gone on to thefordstory.com? Or any of the forums to protest the demise of the Sport Trac? Ford may just be listening. Just a thought. Bob

The new T6 "world" Ranger that we cannot buy in the US was designed in Australia with input from Mazda. Even though Ford no longer owns a controlling share of Mazda their newest BT-50 trucks are based on the T6 Ranger. The Mazda BT-50 will be built in Thailand alongside the T6 Ranger. The BT-50 will not be sold in North America or, surprisingly, Japan.

Our best hope is that Ford will reconsider their decision not to sell the new T6 Ranger in the US. The top of the line model is called the "Wildtrak" and looks a lot like the Gen II Sport Trac.

Typical .. more competition and expectation for gas mileage and performance overseas so they get the new technology

In the US we like BIG so we get the F150 and 250 with older technology although that is getting better. You cant blame Ford. Why would they offer a truck in the US with new motor and features that would sell for maybe mid 20s when they can sell a BIG F150 for mid 30s.

Not sure what you mean by "older technology" since the current engine lineup in the F-150 is arguably the most advanced of any truck manufacturer.

Having said that I agree that Ford as well as most of the others have basically killed the small to midsize truck market by refusing to update their offerings to the point that no one in their right mind would buy a new one. Ford assumes that if they have nothing available in that segment customers will simply buy a V6 F-150 or a small CUV or some other totally unsuitable vehicle.

I was having work done at a Ford dealer. I was complaining to another customer about the death of the small pickup at Ford. An employee I know and trust overheard me and stated he'd recently returned from a regional meeting where the attendees were told that Ford will be test marketing 4000-4500 new Rangers in one selling region in 2013. They were told they did not want to cede the market to their competitors as they did with the minivan. This is all I know. Please don't shoot the messenger.