Electrical Issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie Anglin

Reaction score
Way back when had my trailer plug get jammed against the frame some how and caused some issues. Had to rewire some stuff as the overhead console compass/temp quit, and also the stereo and other things would not turn off. I rewired the stereo and stuff to the ignition key without the shut down mode thing and this got me going but still no compass/temp. Noticed the window in the driver door making awful sounds when operating so Saturday I jerked the panel off and found my back window guide had broke off and was laying in the bottom of the door. When it broke it evidently broke the door open sensor and that is why the stereo would not go off, it was not being triggered by the door, open any other door presto, stereo off. Tried to glue sensor back, no luck. So now I need the door latch, I think, as it looked like the switch is hard mounted into the latch. I do not want to pull the latch but see not other way to change the switch and may have to change whole latch. Anyone know if the switch is perm mounted? Any feedback appreciated. Also it is strange that the window guide must have broke nearly the same time the plug got jammed and this is what threw me from finding it earlier as I thought it was all related to the plug jam issue.

IT held on with a phillips screw......

I just replaced the front two..

See link

Todd Z