Edmunds' Full Test of 2007 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an 01 ST and traded it in on my 07 The difference is like night and day I do miss the sliding back window and do sit a couple of inches higher in the cab but I like my new truck Is it perfect no is it a definite upgrade from 01 HELL YEAH

That is all

Anyone with at least half a mind of thier own makes a decision based on what they like or need. Consumer Reports, for instance, is the biggest bunch of idiots going. I have learned along time ago that I fair far better going against recomendations by them because none of them live in a world like mine. I once bought a refrigerator [top-of-the-line] and in the five years I had it, it had 6 different problems, a couple more than once. Later, I found out that not only had CR rated it amoung the highest, alot of people had the same problems. Anyone who ever read the CR review of the ST knows they didn't like it much either.

The Sport Trac will tow marginally more than the Frontier and Tacoma.

But factor in towing capacity, performance, fuel-efficiency and versatility, and the Tacoma and Frontier are stronger options.

Now wait a minute. If they acknowledge earlier in the article that the Trac tows more than the Frontier & Tacoma, how the hell can towing capacity be a factor in them deciding that those two vehicles are "stronger options"? :huh:

It's also funny how they note the Trac's towing advantage as "marginal", but seem to make a big deal about the Tacom and Frontier allegedly being .3-.4 quicker in the quarter mile. The average consumer will neither notice nor care about such a thing when comparing these types of vehicles. Plus I bet the aftermarket for the Ford engines is considerably larger.

I also fail to see how those vehicles have any significant versatility advantage over the Trac.

Minus the leather seats, tonneau cover and the bed extender, a comparably equipped Toyota Tacoma, which performs better and is more fuel-efficient, costs about $3,500 less than our heavily optioned $34,625 tester. We're not sure how the marketing folks are going to spin that one, but we bet it involves a lot of Mountain Dew.

Unreal. So a comparably equipped Tacoma is $3500 less...? Well comparably equipped except for leather seats ($995), tonneau cover ($595), bed extender ($195) or a V8 engine ($1200). Damn, that's around $3000 of that $3500 difference right there. No spin or Mountain Dew seems to be needed, just a sliver of common sense would suffice.

This type of biased 'journalism' is not only a disservice to domestic automakers, but also to consumers, some of which won't even take the time to test drive a vehicle for themselves based on these type of crappy writ-ups. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
...and people wonder why I always say the media is biased against domestic automakers and how I feel, the best bang for the buck you get from domestic cars and trucks.

The Japanese make good cars and trucks, but they are no better then the domestics are.

Tom

"The Japanese make good cars and trucks, but they are no better then the domestics are."

Dang, hell just froze over for Caymen to say that! lol :)

I have said that many times. I don't think that the Japanese cars use better quality materials then the domestics do. Actually, I personally feel the materials used feel cheap in a Toyota and Honda.

Tom

Latest posts