Ebay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
I just won this bed extender fron EBay. I'm sure I paid to much for it, but I had the Ebay fever and had to win it. Anyway, he quoted $30.58 for shipping from FL. I promptly pay after auction ended. I wait 4 days with no word from him. He claims had shipping issues and the box he had for it was to small. Then, he said shipping was $139.37, becuse he didn't assume the oversize box. He asked if I could split the difference, another $39.10 after he shipped it...? this would be more than his so-called retail price.

I feel the deal is done. He claims he just started an EBay business. Not to be an ass but, chaulk it up to learning, if you want your business to survive.

How much money did you send him ???

If you want to you could simply get it, leave ++ feedback and send him no more money...

IF he leaves you Neg you can have it withdrawn...

BUT if you seriously want the extender for that kind of money, Then pay the split and call it a day..... You could leave Neutral feedback, OR none at all...

Todd Z

I wouldn't have paid anything extra, especially that amount. A deal is a deal. I've made shipping estimate mistakes before and had to "eat" it. You definitly need to at least post a Neutral feedback, I would post a Negative explaining why.

The item was paid in full at end for auction price +quoted shipping. I did not send any extra money. i feel i shouldn't have to. He already made enough money off me. Not, a big Ebayer and wanted advice.

Stad, if he continues to ask for more money don't give it to him. You agreed to the terms of the auction with your final bid and the stated shipping costs. He can try to change them later, but you are not obligated to pay anything additional. Since he already sent the item and you haven't paid extra, don't. Ask him for positive feedback and then wait for his feedback before giving yours. He may try to ding you on feedback since he might feel slighted (incorrectly so, I might add); that's why you should wait to see his feedback first. As a new seller he needs your positive feedback moreso than you his.

TJR

He responded to my query on the shipping cost snafu and responded "My loss is your gain" He was polite about it. I'll wait to see his feedback and delivery on Friday before I give feedback. Thanks for all input.

I made the same mistake with a large beer sign I sold on ebay a year ago. I way under-estimated the shipping. But it was my mistake and I still came out ahead.

did the same thing with a windshield i recently sold for

a motorcycle, weight was light but oversized by their

standards.

i charged $25 cost me just under $60.

i ate the difference but now for future reference get the

proper price before listing anything.

I bought mine off ebay, and we had same issue. He ended up taking extender apart ,using my advice, and wrapping it with bubble wrap very heavely. Arrived perfect. Shipping was alittle more then he origionally quoted. He paid the extra. Was his fault for not checking ahead of time.

My view,,, you paid plenty for the extender. There were 15 bids of which the lowest was $149.99, which is close to what a good condition used extender should go for.

That said, you put $110 on top of that and he was willing to sell it for $149.00.

Yes, I believe it was an honest mistake on his part, but,,, he made good money on the extender. So it is a learning curve...

That was my point,,,

If you had gotten it for 20 bucks,,, then I may have some sympathy. He set a price with no apparent reserve, thus, he was willing to sell it at that price...

You beat that price by $110.00, I don't believe you owe him any more both from the moral or legal side of the house..

Latest posts