eBay scammer, any near Queens Village?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Caymen, thank you, I stand corrected.

So then I will update my statement. ALWAYS use Paypal and ONLY for those with a good selling reputation.

I add the second part because someone with a good reputation and track record won't want to jeopardize that.

TJR

TJR,

I also got screwed on ebay about 4 years ago and PayPal an ebay did nothing. I got cheated out of $500 for a Mini Digital Video camera.

The seller claimed that the box was opened but the camera was brand new. The camera arrived and was missing parts, the manual, and had obviously been damaged since it appeared that someone had tried to pry the cassette door open. I immediately emailed the seller and she was very appologetic and ask me to return the broken camera to her and she would have her supplier send me a new one immediately. I returned the camera and never heard from her again.

PayPal claims they are not resposible for the condition of merchandise received from sellers.

I contacted my credit card company and they would not refund the $500 since PayPal was only acting as an intermediary in the transfer of funds and my complaint was with the seller. They declined to even give me a letter stating why they would not reimburse me for this fraud.

The seller listed her location as the Phoenix, AZ area. After getting her address and phone number from ebay, it turns out she lives in Mexico, just across the US border. I called the phone number and could not get anyone who spoke english or claimed to recognize her name.

I contacted the Post Office and filed a mail fraud charge against her since she shipped the camera to me via the US Postal Service.

I filed a claim with ebay for their maximum $200 fraud claim payment, but that was denied because they required a statement from my credit card company that they would not grant me a refund on the fraud claim. Since the credit card company refused to do that, ebay did nothing even when I complained that they listed the Seller as being from the Phoenix, AZ area when in fact she lived in Mexico and had a Mexican telephone number!

The Seller had no negative feed back until after this incident and then it appeared that she screwed over everyone the last month before she took the money and ran away!

...Rich

RichardL, maybe the account got hijacked? I say that because its rare that somone has a long, good record of service than runs their account into the ground, but I am sure it does happen.

At this point I *NEVER* buy anything off of eBay that I can buy elsewhere from a regular seller for only a little more money.

And, I never get suckered into "too good to be true" auctions.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Allegedly my tonneau cover is on a UPS truck and in route to Woodstock, GA. Will see when it gets here but I do have a valid tracking number.

I did send a threatening email noting I was originally from NY and that I had 'connections' and that I wished I could be the one to knock on his door to 'even' the transaction. I was just trying to chase the roach out from under the stove. It apparently worked.

I guess I will have to call off the FBI if this thing actually shows up and is in NIB condition.

Thanks again to all who gave suggestions.

JT#14

Latest posts