eBay scammer, any near Queens Village?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
Won a tonneau cover on eBay from a guy named Brian Mohammed, ebay member id: bnice6666 (since retired)

Paid $680 total on Nov 12 and have not received it and he has stopped responding. He also did this to another person on eBay - the consistent thing, we are both in GA. I guess he feels he can screw anyone who may not show up in NY.

Is there anyone on this board that is in the Queens Village area and could make a house call or check up on this scum bag?

Let me know.

Thanks.

JT#14

'03 Sport Trac

Did you pay by Paypal? they might be able to help get your money back or maybe call your credit card company / bank if you used a card or check. If you paid with cash your screwed.

Rather than attempt direct contact with this person, I strenuously suggest that you contact the NYPD Computer Investigation and Technology Unit. They are dedicated to investigating cases in which computers or the internet are used as an instrument to commit crime. Their link is below.

Not sure anyone's going to willingly endanger themselves playing thug for you, aside from the NYPD, but feel free to post the scumbag's address.

How far is he from Buffalo? i'll make a run there if its less than 3 hours? lol but seeing as its queens village im assuming queens as in nyc...lol sorry

Good luck though,

Andy

I fly into that area 4 or 5 times a month. But I would suggest the above suggestions first.

Go back to the system you paid with as well as they in most cases can/will get you money back if he has an active account.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have started through the proper channels with eBay. I paid with a check as he did not take PayPal when I made the transaction. The other guy paid him w/PayPal and still got screwed.

Will be contacting the NYPD today. I also have a friend who is a NY State Trooper but he is upstate.

Thanks again,

JT#14

Always pay with paypal. I have never heard of anyone who has paid with paypal and NOT resolved their issue. If the seller fails to ship, goes dark, then paypal refunds the money. If the seller stays in communication with at least paypal during the dispute, then they will have to show proof of shipment and receipt, or again, paypal will refund the money.

Paypal is the best way to go. Don't ever pay for an auction without it.

>> Remember, Paypal can only recover money if there is money in the account.

I don't think that's true, Caymen. Where have you heard that? Does it say that on the paypal site?

Sure, a seller can only give you a refund if they have money in there account.

But if a seller comes online with paypal, takes your money, doesn't send anything, then goes dark, paypal itself will refund the money. That's the way it is supposed to work anyway!

I saw this on Paypal's site:
Purchase protection on eBay — PayPal Buyer Protection.

With it, you get free protection of up to $1,000.00 USD on your purchases. To determine if your item is eligible, look for PayPal Buyer Protection in the Seller Information box on the View Item page. When your transaction isn’t covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, you may still be covered by our Buyer Complaint Policy.

I have seen lots of mention on various fora on the Internet of people not getting refunds because of zero-dollar balances in seller accounts, but they are all circa 2002 and earlier.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn him over to the guys at Pirate4x4.com. It's a growing thing. :D

Seriously, I think the idea here is to create a database of online rip-off artists. They have t-shirts though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as of 12/5/05 9:48:53am it is in the hands of the FBI.

If it is a sleeper cell this would be a stupid way to get busted!

Another guy in GA got burned by the same guy and paid with PayPal and so far only was able to get back $175.

Note: Yes, I was stupid but the damn leaves were falling in my ST bed and I had to get it covered! It's time to kick the Jeep Wrangler outside the garage and start parking the ST inside. (Wimaaaaaa!)

Nobleman - thanks for the insight. I called the NYPD and they directed me to the FBI site.

Here's to justice being served!!!

I tried to make a visual but my typing sucks....try this Willlmaaaaaa! (Fred Flinstone)

>>Note: Yes, I was stupid but the damn leaves were falling in my ST bed and I had to get it covered! It's time to kick the Jeep Wrangler outside the garage and start parking the ST inside. (Wimaaaaaa!)

If it is a sleeper cell this would be a stupid way to get busted!

We did some work in an apartment a couple years ago, two middle-eastern guys lived there, had some sort of mysterious junk in the bathtub. In case they were mixing bomb stuff, we called the FBI. They thanked us but I never heard back. Probably wouldn't tell me anyway.

TJR,

As an eBay power seller with close to 2000 feedbacks, Theresa and I have alot of experience with eBay and Paypal. (1971 feedbacks)

Trust me on this.

I will quote part of the user agreement.

Filing a Claim. Before filing a claim, you should contact the seller and attempt to resolve the dispute. If you are unable to resolve the dispute in this manner, you can file a claim in PayPal’s Resolution Center. You can access the Resolution Center through the Account Overview page that is presented to you when you log in to your PayPal account.

PayPal will contact the seller and investigate your claim. If the claim involves non-delivery of goods, the seller must present appropriate proof of shipment to the buyer’s specified address. If the claim is granted, PayPal will seek to collect from the seller by debiting the seller’s PayPal account. PayPal may also limit the seller's access to his or her PayPal account. If there is more than one claim against the same account, we will process the claims in the order they are received, and will pay out on each granted claim up to the amount of funds in the seller’s account at the time the claim is awarded, but not more than the amount of the claim. However, there may not be sufficient funds in the seller’s account to pay any of your claim. RECOVERY OF YOUR CLAIM IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Claims must be filed no later than 45 days from the date of payment. Only one claim may be filed per PayPal transaction. PayPal will seek to resolve the claim within 30 days of the date the claim is filed, though such time frame may be extended at PayPal’s discretion to accommodate the investigation.

Tom

I'm with Caymen on this one. I had to dispute a digitial camera memory card I won on EBay with Paypal because the seller never shipped it. Paypal determined that the seller was at fault and I was entitled to a return. However they said the seller only had $28 of funds in his Paypal account so they could only refund me $28 of the $40 I paid and that was all I got.

Latest posts