Ebay Jewelry purchase

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
I just made a MAJOR purchase on ebay for some jewelry. I had no luck hunting local stores for what I wanted, and I found it on ebay. Has anyone else ever bought jewelry on ebay before? I did some good research on the seller and they have over 2000 jewelry sales with 100% positive feedback, so I am hoping this is pretty safe. Here is what I bought, and should have it no later then Thursday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150144427268&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Any good/bad stories would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Very nice.

I'd get lots of brownie boints if I brought that home.

I've bought some jewelry on ebay with great results.

100% positive feedback is a big plus.

Hope it all works out ok.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Just make sure to have it appraised the day you get it to verify that it's genuine.

With that buyers feedback numbers your probably safe. I have bough a few pieces of jewelery on fleabay but nothing that expensive.

I think you should buy this piece next:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! okay... I read that you bought something expensive off of ebay... but I am lazy and thought that TomT had reposted the link so I could just click it and see... I literally fell out of my dang chair when I read that the ring was $110,000 dollars!!!! After two minutes of shock I finally realized that the links were diffrent.

And I like what you bought better anyways! :D

LOL, yeah I don't think I would buy the $110k piece, but it is pretty. I am just so nervous right now. I think the nervousness should pass as soon as it arrives at my door. Probably 2 minutes after it gets here I will be in my Trac headed to the nearest jewelry appraiser. Wish me luck everyone!:)

I have purchased about $50k of jewelry on Ebay in the last 5 years and I think you did OK. The appraisal is not from a recognized authority like GIA, but thats only important for individual diamonds of one carat or larger. Typically, appraisals like yours or EGL grade diamonds about one or two grades better than actual-ie their "E" diamond is actually a G-H, and their clarity grade of VVS is actually VS1 or VS2. When you get it, if you can see dark inclusions in the stones with your naked eye- thats an I1 or worse and you have been had. Judging by the seller's feedback, thats highly unlikely. If you take it to a local jeweler he may "diss" it, but thats because he didn't sell it. Congratulations!:cool:

Thank you all for the input I appreciate it. I think the main thing I was focused on was the sellers history with ebay, and of course the beautiful piece. They have sold quite a bit of expensive items, and have not had anything bad come back. I did a lot of research and it seems to be legit. I have even spoke on the phone with the gentlemen about 5 times so far and he seems like a stand up guy.