Dual exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Taverna

Reaction score
Just joined the web-site, everything is great. Purchased an 09 3 mo. ago, had no idea there was this much love for the ST, but glad more people feel the way I do. Wondering if anyone has installed Dual Exhaust cat-back on a Gen2. I don't know if its even possible. I see that Magnaflow sells a single-side exhaust, but am interested in a split-rear. Thanks

Ken,

Welcome to the site and good luck with the truck....

I don't remember if any 07+ member has done dual tails.....

Hopefully some can remember if it has been done

Todd Z

Here is a link to magna-flo cat back sound file..

I also dont remember any Gen 2 duals..

/welcome to the site..

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast Eddie- that sound file might have just convinced me to look into magnaflow's single side. It sounded great. Figure I'll also install an intake and get the beef I'm looking for. Had a Ranger prior to the ST (in my pics) , and loved her dual split-rear, so was looking to do the same. Hope their sound files are accurate. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ken, I put the Magnaflow on my '08 and its just what I needed. Quiet enough to sneak out of the neighborhood at 5am. But when you hit the pedal, it will turn heads. A dual setup will/may require some custom bending, a "Y" pipe and mufflers of choice plus exhaust tips. Put it all together and you'll be looking at $ somewhere north of the Magnaflow system. Good luck and welcome, there's always enough room for one more cocoanut on the tree! ;)

I had a Magnaflow set up put on my 08 STA, the mine said that a true dual going over the rear axle is not really practical nor did he feel comfortable with the clearance for driving. Below is a video of mine from inside the cab.