Dual Exhaust CAN Be Done On A Gen 2 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen dual exhaust on a Gen 2 ST. Check out second picture of the rear of the Trac in this auction. I'd be curious to see the underside to see how the pipes were run. Not sure if it's true duals, or just dual tail pipes out of the muffler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda looks like they took the dual exit pipes from an SRT4 Neon and threw them on the back ! :lol::lol::p They look exactly like the tips they put on the Neon.:D

True dual (with an X pipe if no xcal) Can be done on a Gen 1 also.....

Once my tails rot out it will happen !!!

Todd Z

I live in Houston, and the exhaust shops here are so afraid of the EPA that they won't even read the law concerning changing the exhaust system on a vehicle. I had to go out ot town to get true duals on my gen2. They cut the Y pipe and welded onto each side and then brought them both down the drivers side turned the twin Flowmasters on edge under the heat shield and then came out the drivers side ahead of the l/r wheel. I actually went online and read the EPA regulations and as long as you don't mess with the cats your ok.

Jim

They have had to move or remove something to get the pipe out on the passengers side. There is absolutely not enough room on that side to put an exhaust pipe without it rubbing on something without doing this. Either that or it is a fake.

Latest posts