Drivers side door handle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Joyce

Reaction score
I went to open my door and the handle is loose, it wont open the door. I can open the door from the inside but not the outside. Is this an easy fix?

I've got a problem with the drivers side door handle too. What works on my ST is to hold the door handle down with one hand and than turn the key in the lock with the other hand.

Succes,

Bas

My drivers side handle has been loose like that for years... Never got around to fixing it. As Bas said, I used to be able to hold the handle down and press the unlock on the remote, for it to unlock, but now I actually have to apply inward pressure to handle for it to unlock. I can still open the door from the outside once it unlocks however.

This is going to be the first item on my spring fix-it list.

I believe some have had the rod un clip, or snap and others had the whole handle break...

Have to take the panel off and look..

Todd Z

Same thing has been happening to mine for years. I've searched on here a thousand times and came up with the handle replacement. Problem is, it seems as if the handle was broke on the outside (from pulling on it too hard). From what I've read it's the inside handle that needs replacing. That didn't quite make sense to me so I haven't bought the handle yet. I also have to press the handle and press unlock to gain access. If it were a disconnected rod I wouldn't think it would work at all..:banghead:

Latest posts