Door

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Hallum

Reaction score
I have a 02 ST and I have having trouble with the door opening. It seems to hang. On the inside I have to bump it with my shoulder to get it to open and on the outside I have to jerk pretty hard on the handle . It looks like everything is in place , nothing is loose or has slipped on the door. . Where do I need to ajust or what do I need to do to fix the door.

thanks

thomas

Take a look at the striker bolt. There is a plastic sleeve that is only serviced with the bolt that wears out over time. The part number is F67Z7822008AA and should be about $21 at your local Ford or Lincoln dealer.

check the hinges grab the lower rear of the door and lift any movement if so see if it was the hinge pins or the hinge it self door sag over time is possible

if body line ok striker may have moved up or down just enough to hang door from open and closing with out extra force

gently close the door (push the door closed aswith 10r 2 fingers as an ol woman might ) does it feel like like it rubbed on or was being held up by something?,,,

are your body gaps ok around the door or are a skew?

front of door when closed at top would be wide and rear of door wouyld be less of a gap if this happens hinges moved something has stressded the door to move such sitting on window sill even with door closed

SPRAY the latch, then SPRAY the latch some more...

Repeat for the next couple of days. They get dirty and simply hang up. By spraying it, you will have a better life as other items won't be abused due to the sticking latch.

Latest posts