door speaker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minimum 4, but if you want to add a sub you would need a separate amp specifically for the sub itself. Also, make sure to run the power wire and audio cable on separate sides of the car so you don't get electronic interference,

With my application, I had the amp power wire running along side my entire passenger's side speaker wires, and to be honest, the interference isn't really that bad...I only notice it when I turn down the volume to answer a call or something like that. But I do listen to my music loud (why else would I buy all that stuff for any other purpose :D )

Just thought I would chime in to let you know that you don't absolutely HAVE to run the power away from the speaker wires. (then again, maybe this was just my particular application)

OK, I finally have to ask. I'm tone deft, don't play the radio loud, and one speaker seems to have the same sound as 12. So I'm trying to figure out what I have in my vehicle a 07. I've got 2 front and 2 rear speakers in the doors and one sub? behind the rear seat. I changed the stock radio to a AVIC D3. Do the door speakers have a amp or are they run by the head unit? I know from hooking it up that the the sub must have a amp of its own because the D3 has a power lead that must be hooked up to it. However, it doesn't deliver enough power to run the sub so does the sub have it's own power lead. With the stock unit and the D3 I have never heard any sound from the sub.

The door speakers are running of the stock radio amplification circuits. The sub has it's own power amp that is located directly on the right side of the sub. It is a small silver colored amp. If you want to save money, I would run the door speakers off your AVIC D3 front and rear speaker outputs (probably setup this way now) and purchase a separate sub amp (connected to your AVIC D3 sub preamp outputs) to power an aftermarket sub. :rolleyes:

Latest posts