Door sills Installed and Aluminum tie downs .... Need opinions ....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't post here often but I wanted to give my humble opinion on this. I think the sills look good. I don't like the tiedowns as they are in the pic. I would have gone with flush mount but since you use them, get the right size bolt. I agree with George C 02, if you're going to paint them, it should be green to match the truck with the black bolts to match the trim. If you paint them black, They wont stand out, you might as well put the OEM ones back on. :cool:The truck looks good.

Ed

You need to find some button head cap screws in the stock length. The billet pieces were designed to be as thin as possible so the cap screw was the only choice besides some that were nearly $3 a screw. I think your going to be trying to find a 35mm or 40mm bolt, it'll probably have to come from a screw shop. Tell them what you need is a "M8 by 45mm or 50mm button head cap screw" It'll flush out the bolt head like the bolts I supply.

BTW I'm diggin the sill plates :)

Todd,

Tie-downs look great. I think they would look even better if they screw heads were flush or even countsunk a little.

Steps look good too. I like the orignial Ford stainless steps best of all but they quit making them. But Rob and I are working on a joint venture to solve that problem.

...Rich

Well,

Sorry for wasting everyones time on this....

They both are for sale....

See the Swap and sell..

Todd Z