Door sills Installed and Aluminum tie downs .... Need opinions ....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok,

Thanks to Rob from webxtreemes I got some vynal and Erik Larkson for the Tie downs.

I am on the fence with Both of them, SO please let me know what you think, GOOD OR BAD !!

I Installed the tie downs with the factory screws and using the bottom half of the factory tie down beceause I use them a lot. I grinded the plastic down so they would fit. Now the factory screw head comes out about 1/8 inch, not to noticable but I would like your opinions on it Good or bad.....

Second, I Installed those Ebay door sills today... I got some nice vynal from Rob and installed that to cover the holes and then get me the color... I went with a lighter green to make it stand out a little..... Let me know also Good or bad .....

I have the sizes of vynal I used and rob should also if you would like to do the same...

Total install time sills, 5 min....

Total install time with modding the plastic for the tie downs, 1/2 hour...

Thanks

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the door sills.They worked out pretty good. I like the usable tie down, but I think you should go with different screws or maybe grind them down flush, if they have enough socket. Maybe paint them bright silver to go with the tie down._Ron

Door sills look a lot better but, I would paint the underlaying black to match your green up to the edge of the silver. Be hella cool then.

The tiedowns don't do it for me. I'm waiting on mine and I plan on going with the flush look. I have never used my outside tiedowns but if you do as you stated, I think I'd paint them and the screws black as well to match the plastic black (after you shave a 1/2" or so off of em).

Edited:

Now that I think of it...How do you use the outside tiedowns "a lot" if you have the topper on your Trac? Just curious...

And yes, the lighter green works real well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Keep them coming !!!...

Dave, I am taking the cap off in 3 weeks, IT only has been on and was only used for Louisville trip..... IT may never go back on......

There is a place by me that sells custom hard wear, they have the bolts needed, I don't want to grind or cut the factory ones, I can get Stainless steel ones,

ONE MORE QUESTION ??...

I might paint the tie downs, what do you think Estate green to match or match the black ???

Thanks

Todd Z

I like the door sills. Not liking the tie downs though. If painted them black it would probably look better.

sills look good. good contrast with the black green and alluminum....almost looks like neon green under the alluminum.

the tied owns look good but i would go with a flush mount stainless steel bolt.

paul h

Gene, Ohh I here ya, But I will remove them first.... LOL... too much work for a $4.99 MOD...LOL.... :lol::lol::lol:

Those that are saying NO on the tie downs Please elaborate ???

Flush ?

Remove completely ??

Different bolts ???

Thank you

Todd Z

The door sills look great the way they are.

Once the topper is off I think they tie downs would look better. I would paint them green and get flush black bolts. The green tie down with the black bolts in the center would look cool.

George

Todd,

Door sills- look better with the background but I'd trim the black around it. (my opinion) But overall, looks great.

Tie downs - don't look right with the bolt stickin out. Stainless flush bolts would look better. (again,just my opinion)

Let me know the length of the bolt if you figure it out...

Trac's lookin good..

Tie downs should have flush stainless bolts and a billet backplate( the piece that goes against the bed ). There is just something about them standing out there like that,that doesn't look right. I would also like to see beveled edges on them. As many times as I have bumped into mine I'd probably cut my arm off. These are my preferences and in no way meant to insult or belittle what you've done. Just throwing out a few ideas.

SO, i GUESS i WAS'T SIGNED IN THEN.

Todd: t.he light green is da shit€, Get rid of the black though.

Tiedowns: Green or black and they should be the bomb. Bomb I say because I got `em commin too...

Latest posts