door handle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
My 01 job 2 has developed an issue over the last few days with the drivers door handle. When it is locked and you are inside and open the door, the lock comes up but only half way. Door opens fine, but then you close the door and when you go to reopen it, it kind of sticks. If you unlock the door with the remote or the interior switch, it works just fine.

I have also noticed the outside handle is a little loose.

I know I am going to have to pull the door panel, but any ideas on what parts to get would be great so I can have them in hand when I start.

gp

Oh, this is very interesting, mine also does the SAME THING, it's very very loose when touching it.

Mine is a 2001 Job (1)

~Dove~

Must be an epidemic... Mine just started doing this on Saturday. :angry:

Dingo, what kind of lube? WD40, lithium grease, reg grease, a silicone spray, etc.? I hope it's that easy to fix.

I sprayed my lock mechanism with WD40 when I got home last night and it's worked like a champ since then, but the handle still seems really loose. Maybe a weak spring. Thanks for the tip Dingo.

The handle will stay loose forever. :( There are two springs inside the door attached to the back of the handle and sometimes the tabs that hold them break.

Dingo, you hit the nail on the head. A little WD40 and all is good. I had just sprayed it with white lithium grease a few weeks ago and it just started acting up.

Latest posts