Don't Mess with Texas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a great article on how gas prices are set. The largest portion of it, nearly 60%, comes from the price of crude oil, which has been over $70/barrel this week.

Seems to me the oil barrons are the ones really making out. The biggest reason Exxon and such are making record profits is because we're using more gas than we ever have before, so they're selling more.

Ok, so they hold kinda steady, in relation to inflation prices, then they jump $.50 per year........I'm sure the demand went up 25% over the course of a year...

There is something else that has been on my mind. While these gas prices are steadily rising, I can't help but to think about the prices of other goods and services that will have to go up as well.

While I, the consumer bristle at my personal cost to drive, what about the businesses that need to transport their products? I don't think they are going to keep their prices at the rates they are now when their cost to ship or receive begins to increase.

As other companies' profits go down from having to pay higher fuel costs, it won't be long before they have to raise their prices too. Watch your grocery bills.

Just a thought.

D-

Rising fuel prices is the only thing keeping the stock market from going crazy. The rest of the economy is great but like you say, it's going to affect us in many ways eventually.

Latest posts