Dog News

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Since I have occasionally mentioned my greyhound here and along with gary s. answered questions about owning a retired racing dog, I thought I would pass along that we had to have him put to sleep last Wednesday at the age of 12 1/2. He got very sick very quickly over last weekend and spent all day Tuesday and overnight at the vet's on IV's. Based on blood tests the vet thinks he had leukemia. I didn't like his chances of improvement no matter what we did and figured we'd just be back in a week or two anyway with him in worse shape.

as hard as it was, you did the right thing. To "do all you can" to keep any animal (or person) alive is painful for all involved when it's terminal

Sorry for your loss. grieve awhile, then use your love for animals, and save one from a shelter and give another one a great home.

Brian B

johnny o,

i am so sorry for your loss.

you have done so much for the GREYTS as far as fostering and helping hounds in need.

just remember you provided that greyt with such a loving home and wonderful life after the track.

i know this must be a very difficult time for you and we pray you get thru this as best as possible. keep your head up and reach out and touch faith.

Sorry for your loss. Its a hard decision but you did the right thing.