Does anyone else think this is a little strange looking? 09 STA w/ grill guard...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, from reading the description, it would seem that the seller doesn't know that much about Sport Tracs.

According to what I have found on Google the Adrenalin came out in 2007 as part of Fords SVT program.

Um, no. We just wish it was part of the SVT program.

Unfortunately, I dont have the window sticker to tell you exactly what is different.

Here's the window sticker: <A HREF="http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FMEU23849UA04819">STA Window Sticker - VIN 1FMEU23849UA04819</A>

Yeah, brush guards aren't needed on street queens. :cheeky::grin:

IMHO brush guards are likely to result in MORE damage if you hit something.

From someone who has put a Tahoe into a cement wall, that simply is not true. The cost of the brush guard paid for itself just in saving the HIDs, not to mention any body work that would have been necessary.

961ab073bfa56943d94f90bfd407b062.jpg

ede45e82eb9000d7dc49b57d138710c0.jpg

5b0bc241d85a07551fae449e82354b10.jpg

Besides, if a brush guard is used for it's actual intended purpose, you know, guarding against brush they are really worth. The places I take my Trac, the brush guard keeps lots of stuff off the front of the truck...including whole trees.

I saw this last night and I was gonna make a post about it. Like stated above , brushguards are not meant for street queens. But I do support was hugh said. Unfortunately I have been involved on two accidents. Both of them the impact damaged was reduced in the front end simply by having the brushguard on there.

Down here in the south we put brush gaurds on all trucks if possible. Reason?... Deer

I have hit 3 in the past 4 years and the gaurd save my truck on 2 out of the 3. The third one spun around and banged the rear quarter pannel to the tune of 2K.:boohoo: Insurance took care of it but was out of a truck and dont like repair jobs to my vehicles.

My two cents.

Poman OUT!

Down here in the south we put brush gaurds on all trucks if possible. Reason?... Deer

Oh come on now, everyone knows those FL deer are no bigger than a German Shepherd. :bwahaha:

Kidding

Better lighting has been better for avoiding deer damage than the brush guard so far but it does make me feel better on these back roads knowing that the brush guard is there.

Here's my old "Street Queen" with a guard.

I put it for sale online Sunday afternoon and my dad ended up buying it off of me Sunday night. It's nice to keep it in the family and pass a vehicle back to him 20 years later. I know he'll take as good care of it as I did, I just wish my first vehicle was a sport track and not a Tempo!

[Broken External Image]:

:haveabeer:

I feel the way my wife does about brush guards. She cracks up everytime she sees one on a Land Rover or Mercades or anything really that no one would ever take off road. Unless its on a lifted truck with mudders they just dont look right at all.

Actually, I think it looks fine on Rob's. It really looks awkward on the Adrenalin, though.