do you give a crap?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
i guess not for a majority of slobs.

stopped at a light on the south service road of the long isle expwy and north ocean ave i look down and this is what you see.

just back from the sunshine state and nowhere do you see this amount of crap.

come on slobs, cant you just hold your garbage until you get to your destination and dispose of it properly? to much to ask?

[Broken External Image]:

That's why we have those guys in the orange jumpsuits in Georgia...

Bud,

IMO, we dont have enough chain gangs.

Gary S,

My town is fighting the dumping ground issue also. It really sux.....

Sometimes it is heavy trash. Sometimes it is household trash on empty lots. Because of lazy people. Even companys hired to clean up. find empty lots, and pocket the dump fee.

The cause as I see it: Too many minorities many of which come from countries with poor sanitation and entitlement-mentality poor that think someone else will clean up the crap.

The white suburbs don't have this problem.

Go ahead, flame me for saying it, but I submit it is the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR

Not Flaming but I have a different theory.

In the 50's and 60's roadside litter was mostly trash coming from vehicle windows. If you lived in the country you had a dump on your property or took your trash to a dump. The cities began garbage collection in the suburbs and most of the trash was from litter.

Gradually, as younger individual became educated, then older, the litter coming from vehicles has been greatly reduced. Litter cannot be stopped by fines only by education and peer pressure..

The suburbs have remained relatively clean due to schedule pickups and individuals walking in the communities picking up trash daily.

What is happening elsewhere is individuals dumping household trash. They live outside pickup areas, cannot afford dump fees, or are to lazy to go to the dump. Individuals who would not consider throwing something out the window, now bag up trash then place the bag gently on the roadside.

Another thing that happens is that trash breeds trash. When individuals see trash like in the picture they think nothing of contributing.

I worked on public lands for 35 years and never saw this as a minority problem and only a limited amount of cultural influence.

I live in new hampshire and the town i live in passed pay as you throw. Which means you have to buy purple city trash bag or the weekly dump truck wont take your bag. This has created alot of trash being illegally dumped in business dumpsters and left anywhere and everywhere. I have never seen it this bad here until this great law was passed. Friggin politicians. And people that just dont care.

I once witnessed a police officer in uniform, in a marked police car, eat lunch in a parking lot adjacent to my fathers old shop. He opened the door and threw out his fast food bag of garbage. I was furious. Walked over, picked up the bag and handed it back to him. And he gave me a dirty look...

The white trash would be part of the "entitlement-minded" poor I mentioned. Anyone that doesn't have pride enough in themselves to work, to be productive members of society, is often the type to toss crap out a window, live in a dump, etc.

We have "adopt-a-highway" programs here in PA. Works pretty good. Once every year or so a stretch of road gets picked up by the organization that has adopted it.

People are just plain lazy. I am a little bit too, but I leave some of my trash in my trac when I'm busy or in a hurry, but I clean it out every week or two and don't throw it out the window. The worst offenders are smokers who flick their cigarette butts out the window. I wish cops would pull more of these people over when they see them do it, especially when we're going through a drought.

The worst offenders are smokers who flick their cigarette butts out the window.

Im a smoker. I use the cup ash tray that came with my trac. Nowdays I think an ash tray is an option. That contributes to the butts out the window, IMO.

especially when we're going through a drought.

My Mom lives in the piney woods of east texas. I see people throw their cigs, out the window all the time...:fire:

Eddie, I know it's not all smokers that do it, but there are quite a few. My mom actually got a small burn on her arm one summer, the car in front of her flicked a lit butt out the window and it hit her arm.

the pic was from my BB so not so clear. it is not "household" trash people are dumping. it is common fast food garbage, coffee cups, water/bev containers and yes cig butts.

this is not just comming from a hunk of junk vehicle with a migrant worker, but the high end vehicle with the above avg income driver.

because now the attitude is its all about me :angry:

btw: you can consider this area as the "suburbs"

My mom actually got a small burn on her arm one summer, the car in front of her flicked a lit butt out the window and it hit her arm.

Andy,

when I had my Harley. I have had cig butts hit me also. The worst thing though was. On I-45 north side of houston. A woman poured sour baby formula out their window. I was a bad boy back then. Went out of my way, to follow them to their exit. At the intersection I cussed her out and kicked the side mirror off her car. Ran the red light and took off. Back in the day before cell phones.

It is just stupid and inconsiderate. To throw any thing out the window..

I know free ashtrays in new cars, wont stop all of it. I think it would help.

It is really not a problem to wait till you get home. To throw trash away.

But there will always be lazy stupid people.:banghead::angry:

DL,

I remember that comercial.

With our recent heavy rains in the houston area. The news showed many video's, Of the trash that floated down our bayou's. It really sucked.

My plant where I worked was on the houston ship channel. It was terible the trash that washed up on our shores. Some of it was from the ships dumping at night. Some of it came from our drainage bayou's.