Disaster Strikes the Dank Tank

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
Disaster has struck the Dank Tank. What is the Dank Tank you ask? The Dank Tank is my 2002 Sport Trac with double limo tint and Flowmasters that is going to be sitting on campus for awhile. Why is it called the Dank Tank you ask? It was dubbed the Dank Tank by my friends and I because (a) we fight a lot of crime in it and (b) it is an impervious fortress of window tint.

My rear, inside door handles have been broken for about a year. Not THAT big of deal. The person riding shotgun and I would just let out whoever was in the back by opening their door from the outside.

That has become a larger problem since my driver door handle won't open from the inside OR outside. This happened two days ago.

That has become an even larger problem. Just 15 minutes ago I went to my truck to buy some cigarettes when I wanted to see what was up with this rear, inside door handle. I look on the inside of the door and fool around with two metal rotating "U" shaped creatures that have locked into place. Now, god, I can't even CLOSE the back door. It just bumps right into that little cylinder that is supposed to lock onto.

So now I have a stretchy tie connecting my head rest to the door so the door will stay against the frame.

Worst part is that I can't even go get cigarettes during this stressful time.

Ok. Who's trying this first?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can move the Handel and get the striker to open and re close the door by taking the door panel off...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
DUUUUUUUUUDE are you sure the back doors arent working????

maybe you just have the child safety locks engaged.

The German American National Congress, also known as DANK (Deutsch Amerikanischer National Kongress)

LOL

DANK = sticky, hairy, stinky, and highly potent marijuana.

Todd Z

The rear doors on my 2002 ST have the same issue. You can't open them from the inside. I want to know how to fix this. It would be nice to have all 4 doors be able to open and be able to fix the from door if it ever stops working.

don,

There is a plastic clip in the door that breaks.....

Take the panel off and you can replace the clip or the door handle..

Todd Z

Latest posts