Died in car wash 2008 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Barnett

Reaction score
Today I'm sitting in the car wash and right before it finished it died, and wouldn't restart. I got a guy to help me push it out. tried restarting all the dash lights come on but no crank, then on about the third try it cranked tried to start but sounded like it was misfiring then died did this a second time same thing, third time it started and ran like nothing was wrong except now I have a check engine light, took it to the parts store and got them to scan it, It had 25 codes it was showing every sensor code they told me it was more than likely something got wet. took it home and cleared the codes and drove it to work no more check engine light. I'm stumped has anyone else had anything like this happen?:banghead:

Under carriage wash? Under the hood? Fuel pump connector,

OR I bet the Fuel pump driver module got wet, Notorious for failing......

Todd Z

On top of the frame Passenger side Above spare tire. Bit of a pain to get to on the ground But I have replaced about 6 so far....

Todd Z

That is one of the reasons I never get the under carriage wash when I go through a car wash. It's a shame that I getting lazy in my old age.....until 5 years ago, I never, ever, ever used a car wash.....always hand washed even when I had 3 - 4 cars! My get up got up and went!

Latest posts