Dead Battery...A little helpW???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel Jay

Reaction score
So I've had my '04 ST for just shy of 3 years and am getting rid of it in the next month. I lease it. My battery is now dead, and its stuck in underground parking. Am I responsible for the cost of a new battery? or is Ford Canada...I don't know if it makes a difference in the USA or Canada. I appologize if I sound naive on the issue. Any help would be great.

Boosting does not work, it seems that the battery has become so drained all that remains is enough power for the anti-theft gauge light to flash when I reconnect the battery. Would a slow charger that I plug into a regular outlet recharge the battery?

Any help would be nice...I just don't feel like shelling out $90 for a new battery when I only have the vehicle for another week and a bit.

Thanks in advance!

J

Ford replace the battery on my leased 2001 Sport Trac with 35,989 miles. That was 11 miles left on the warranty and I got a brand new battery.

Just jump start the truck and take it to you Ford dealer. If you cannot get it to jump start, tell them to come and tow it in (that's free too)

good luck,

...Rich

Joel, A slow charger will take overnight to charge it... Your best bet is to remove it, have it fast charged at a station and do that.

Also a cheepo battery is about $50.00 US so it may be worth it just to change it..

Todd Z

Interesting...I'm heading to Canadian Tire right now...although I think I may give Ford a call first and see what they can do. Also, thankfully I don't need my vehicle for a few days, so a slow charge wouldnt matter at this point...hmmm...options. Thanks!

At this point I can no longer jump start the vehicle the battery is so drained.

I read this in a magazine one time. If your battery is dead and have no way to jump it, then to put asprin into the water inside the battery. Pop the covers and drop in about 2 asprin. Apparently there is some kind of reaction that produces a little bit of a charge. Never tried it out though.

pockets,

The first problem you will have with your asprin theory is that most all batteries sold today are sealed and do not have caps like the batteries of 20 years ago.

That's why many new batteries have the little glow-light on top as a quick reference as to the condition of the battery....Most are not very accurate, but they are fun to look at while you are waiting to get a jump start. :D

...Rich

Today's woot seems timely...

And those NOT clicking the main link below today (9/29) then go here to see what I was talking about:

http://www.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=1499

Last edited by a moderator:
i just replcaed mine yesterday.. got the module for 50.00 from a wrecker... previos st had opnly 5000 km on it when it crashed

Latest posts