~ DC to AC inverter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Anyone permanetly install/wire-in a DC to AC Converter!? Looking to do this mod and wanting some info on a good one and also how/where to install.

Not trying to use a microwave or TV...just small items. Not sure what power outtage to get!?

Thanks

09ebdd41ae8c72cd9fea62ae5af17b5d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watts = a volt x amp

Figure out what you want to plug in and run..... see what you need...

Todd Z

Not sure what small items your talking about but the less expensive 1000 watt unit is all you'll ever need as long as your not planning on microwaving dinner and using the coffee pot at the same time . If your looking to spend less you may get by with the 400 watt unit but you will be limited.

I've run my old Craftsman circular saw off my inverter, I had to cut a commercial quality countertop for a friend. It did pretty good, although it tripped its internal protection twice when I hit the extra bracing underneath and tried to push it a little too fast. I had the truck running, with all accessories off to give it as much juice as possible.

Brandon said:
I have that one in your pic to run my PS3 for about 2 months didnt crap out yet...mounted under seat

How did you install/hook it up? Did you use the Cig lighter cable or hook directly to the battery? any pics of where you mounted it? Thanks

I mounted my 750W inverter to the bottom of my 40% seat. I took the seat bottom off and mounted a board to the frame to do this. Then I tapped into the power (2 AWG) and ground wires distro blocks for my stereo amps. You can see the red power wire in this picture.

[Broken External Image]:

Nocturnal---dont have my camera try and post pics later but yeah ran it straight to the battery and mounted the ps3 behind the seats took all that storage crap out and built a frame to hold it...not done though

Latest posts