Day time running lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sefus sefus

Reaction score
OK the dealership didnt give a rats hairy butt that my DRL are flickering and I either want them fixed or turned off permenately, so now Im asking the electrical experts on here, what stupid wire do I need to cut to turn these things off so I can have normal control of my lights?

The manual says how to turn them on (key to on position, parking lights turned on) but not how to turn them off. Through a stroke of magic I got them off once but then hit my parks when I had the key on and cant for the life of me get them back off. Any help guys? Thanks!

-Sefus

Remove the fuse...

Your DRL module is bad..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel too bad. I sell parts for these things all day long. Been doing it for 15 years, and still find ways to show ignorance! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
OK a no go on just pulling the fuse, there are two that go with the DRL and they each have other controls like the dash lights, or the back up lights. Any other ideas? Maybe where the DRL module is physically so I can unplug it?

-Sefus

Sefus,

Yes you can unplug it also...

I don't know exactly where yours is, I think some were under the hood and some under the dash...

Todd Z

I see you have a 01 4x4. Thats also what I have. My DRLs statred to flicker for a while then they would work or not work so I pulled the fuse and had no problems. That was 3 or4 years ago. Everything else works fine. I don't remember for sure, but I think the fuse was in the box under the hood. I would have to look in the manual to see where it was. Don't have it handy right now. There could be more than one fuse linked in that set up. It was a long time ago, but I did pull a fuse an no problems. If you like your DRLs get a new module. I think when mine went out they were around 80.00.

OK a no go on just pulling the fuse, there are two that go with the DRL and they each have other controls like the dash lights, or the back up lights. Any other ideas? Maybe where the DRL module is physically so I can unplug it?

It is situated behind and just above your bumper on the passenger side (if I recall correctly). This has been posted before with a picture, I'll see what I can find. . .

Yup, bad module mine went years ago withy the same symptoms. Its located(on 01 anyway) up behind the drivers side fog light, heres the pic.. Just pull the plug, it dosent affect anything else, or I suppose you could get a new module, I never bothered.

Todd

Oops, forgot the pic.. TYou can see the back of the fog light in one.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Todd D beat me to it, I had just found another post where he had posted his pics. . .

Latest posts