DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
Question for you guys..Does the 01 ST come with day time running lights? I was driving 2day and i say the reflection of my ST on the back windo of a civic and relized i had no daytime running lights..Do they all come like this or is the probalem with the wiring somewher in my ST? If so can some one let me know were the daytimerunning light module is? thanks

My 01 ST has them straight from the factory. If anyone knows how I could get rid of them, that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 04 has them.

I've been in the habit of driving with my headlights on all the time ever since I started driving.

My 01 and 03 Canadian STs both had daytime running lights. I imagine your module for the daytime running lights is shot.

Speaking of DRL's, I wish all cars had the light switch setup like the Toyota Camry. On the light stalk, there is a 'Off', 'DRL', 'Parking', 'Headlights'. You decide if you want DRL's or not.

Some vehicles are a pain to disable them. On my Matrix, it's not a simple matter of pulling a fuse. You have to crawl under the steering column and cut a wire to the DRL module. Some have rigged a switch into this wire so they can control them.

My 01 came with factory DRLs. All STs made for Cananda had them. Mine started out as a Canadian model and somewhere along the line it was switched over to be sold in the U.S. The instrument panel is all U.S. I don't think any 01s made for the U.S. from the start had DRLs.

I think DRL's suck and should be illegal.

Glad my US spec Trac does not have them. Keep up the good work Ford!!!

Tom

DRL's are a safety feature. The chances of an collision of cars with DRLs are less than one that do not have them. DRLs allow other drivers to see your car more easily. For those that don't like them, what do you feel is the down side of having them?

I know DRL's are suposed to be a safety issue. I have read information about them. The jury is still out of thier effectiveness. Some studies actually say they provide no extra protection.

My theory is you see the cars too soon and loose your depth of perception when a car with headlights on is coming towards you. You see the cars too far away. On flat roads, that would be a mile or so. Who needs to see a car a mile away?

Tom

We forget one last issue. If someone doesn't look before they pull in front of you, the DRL's won't help if they did not look in the first place.

Tom

Caymen, that's the point. If they quickly look before they pull out they may notice a car with DRL's whereas they may not notice one without especially if the cars blend into the background.

They do seem to cut down on the number of people that pull out in front of me. Now I don't know if it's because my DRL's are on, or just because my car is white and easy to see.

I would like to rig up a switch so I don't have them on while in line in fast food restaurant... hate to blind folks in front of me in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
DRLs don't cut down the chances of getting hit. I have been almost hit numerous times, even with them on... granted most of the time I have been on campus with a bunch of idiotic college kids who think they are sooooo kool cuz daddy bought them a lexus or a jag...

Latest posts