Data port wiring question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
Man, it's been a while since I've been on this site.

I have an 01 job 2 and the circuit is shorted out for the data port and the power point next to the stereo deck (same circuit). I just got a check engine light and I am unable to read it because the data port circuit blows the fuse instantly whenever I try to put a new one in. So...anybody know of a wiring diagram that I could use so that I know which wire is the how wire so that I can reroute a power wire to the data port from another circuit? Anybody have any better ideas? Maybe there is a data port reader that does not need the data port to be powered to read the code? I know that when I got the trac smog tested the computer read the code just fine with the blown circuit. Any help is great. Thanks guys.

Jason (aka schmidty)

it is the same circuit for the horn too I beleive....

Try hitting the horn a couple of times, Remove the lighter, and did any one wire an aftermarket radio ????

Also check for change or something stuck in the cig lighter on the floor or ashtray...

Todd Z

maybe they shorted a wire, but that circuit is connected to other things....

Todd Z

Jason, I agree with Todd in that you need to find the issue more so than leave it as is due to the fact that it is creating ongoing issues. At any rate, here is a picture of your request...

4748dbeb64c77cf1beb916cc3e0a4398.jpg

Latest posts