dash hard to read at night

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian brown 3

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems reading the gauges at night on 2004 sport trac. They light up weird.. is this normal? can't hardly read the numbers..but the needles are lit

thanks

Brian B

You have some dash lights out, it's pretty easy to replace them yourself. I'll link the project for you .

Here's the link....

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember some guy who was complaining his Monte Carlo's dash lights sucked, turned out they were turned down and he never knew that was possible.

I have several lights out, I lead that there is an led dash kit you can get that will work with them, I was going to look into that.

thanks! the link has 10 pages.. so it's going to take some disecting to see what to order as replacement bulbs.

Redranger... ahh.. well since you dont' know me.. haha.. yea.. I checked that first... for some I guess it's the "Dummer" switch..

any recomendations on which to use and where to buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2825LL-2827-T10-Hi-Power-Wedge-LED-Light-Bulbs-5-SMD-/160431957685?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255a7d66b5

will this work?