Cruise Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
Is is possible to add cruise control to a Trac that doesn't have it? I think that would be a nifty little feature to have on the rare long distance trip. I know that it would probably be a hassle to install it, if it is possible, but I think it would be worth it if the parts are available.

I know that, by looking around the engine compartment, there are some unused components, my guess is that they go to options that we did not get on the Trac. Maybe one of these things could facilitate hooking up cruise control?

Thank you for any input

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe apples and oranges, but last summer I got a 2004 Focus wagon w/o cruise, mostly to travel between my two offices. Problem is, it goes like stink on the highway and you'd be running 85 mph and not even know it so I thought I'd get cruise added before I got a ticket.

Dealer-added cruise: $1000 I kid you not.

Stereo/ricer shop-added cruise: $400.

Went with the ricer shop unit and picked it up before they were able to add a body kit and fart can.

I believe there is a Ford kit you can add on, I think it is in the aftermarket parts section of this site..

Todd Z

Call me blind, but I don't see it in the aftermarket parts link. I also did a Google search and I found some universal kits, but I would prefer one that is made for the Trac