Cruise Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
I have been checking the forums and am still not sure about my cruise control being out. I got the brakes done a few days ago (new pads, rotors turned) and since then the cruise control hasn't worked. There is no flickering light on the dash when I turn it on. It is just dead, nada, no response. I saw that Todd z said something about no fluid being in the switch and that causing problems. Any ideas? Thanks. Oh, and I have a 2001 job 1 v6 4x4. Thanks in advance.

Check the plug connection at the master cylinder, see if the mechanic disconnected it....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the red switch on your master cylinder, you have the old style switch that needs to be replaced. If you have the jumper harness with a blue tag on it, and your cruise is out, you've probably blown the fuses and need to replace the switch with the new style switch. Either way, I would replace it with the new style switch, p/n 1L1Z9F924AA. I don't know why Ford even bothered with that stupid jumper harness in the first place. They should have just replaced the switches to begin with and be done with it.

Latest posts