Cruise Control recall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine the other day and scheduled an appointment for next week. I was told that they might not be able to fix it since the part might be on backorder and they would just disconnect it and then I would have to make another appointment to get it completely fixed.

Dunerunner,

Yes. The letter clearly states, "The vehicle owner is responsible for having this service action performed. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from failure to have this recall performed on a timely basis."

Got mine last week and had it switched out today in about 10". I called ahead of time to inquire as to a need for an appointment and I was told to just stop by after work (4 pm) and they did it in the express part of the service department.

Just got mine today----called a bunch of local shops in VA and they are all backordered----said there was a national backorder on the part, so guess you were lucky teasip! Got an appt to get the cruise control disconnected until they get the part.----Oh the best part---the letter advises not parking the vehicle anywhere near any structures until the work is performed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seven years since I bought my ST new, and I get a recall letter in the mail. I didn't know recalls were done on vehicles that old.

Another interesting thing is that Ford must be worried about being liable for your house burning down. The letter advises you to park away from structures until you get the cruise control fixed.

Latest posts