Cruise Control Lights - Request

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

Someone posted a tutorial on how to replace the lights in the cruise control switches a while back. Could someone repost it - with pics preferably?

In short, the light in the right-hand set of cruise control switches (set/resume/coast) has gone out. I'd like to fix it with the proper bulb for my '02 Trac.

Thanks.

If I have nothing to do this weekend, I can do a project on Replacing the steering wheel....

It is easy to do..

Todd Z

Mine is non functional as well, and will be checking it out soon. will send you some pics. I also have the service manual dvd which have the instructions, can send you a copy of the instructions.

Ken

Do yourself a favor and replace it with an LED, never have to worry about that failure prone bulb ever again.

The basic procedure is such:

Remove the negative battery terminal and wait around 15 min.

Remove the air bag with cover by removing the screws (probably 10mm) from the back of the steering wheel. Be careful of static discharge here, and do not get in front of the bag.

Here I get a little fuzzy...you can either remove the entire button assembly, or possibly just unsnap the top of the button with a small screwdriver.

The bulb takes a quarter-turn to the left to remove it. It is a specialty bulb with a special base. I've only found them at Pep Boys, but this was a few years ago. As far as I know, you cannot buy just the bulb from Ford either. This is another reason I recommend using an LED.

Reverse the steps to complete the replacement.

Latest posts