Cruise control inop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Lost cruise control earlier this week, which sucks since I'm going to Kansas next week. I took her in to get the recall harness installed, but the fuse in the harness, as well as the one in the fuse panel are fine. :angry:

Did you unhook the clip off the master cylinder switch ??? IS there fluid in there... Try cleaning it...

Also does the cruise light blink ???

Todd Z

Larry,

If you took her in to get the Recall done.. thats your problem... Or Could be your problem..

the parts are not in.. and all they do is disconnect the switch. I was told no parts until sometime in march.

this leaves you with out Cruise Control until the fusable link is added.

If they did do that.. you will see the connector off the switch on the brake resavoir all taped up.

Hope this helps..

I haven't looked at the master cylinder switch, itself yet. Just the harness that Ford installed. As for the blinking light, no. There's no indication at all. It's like the On button doesn't work. Sal, I was able to get the parts. It's a new wiring harness with a fuse.

Larry,

Your one of the rare few that were able to get the part then.

I think I would still have them look at the instalation. especially if it worked before the recall.

And be there when they do do it.

Or I would remove it and see if it works, with out the fuseable link in.

Latest posts