Couple of things.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Two questions:

1) Does the storage box, in the bed, that is closest to the cab, have a gas strut to help keep it open?

2) The small storage box at the rear, on the drivers side, has a broken hinge? Fordparts.com is not really clear on this part and it appears to be a complete lid assembly. Any help on gettin' this fixed??

3) The drain plugs in the bottoms of the bed storage boxes. Can you believe Ford wants like $67 for just a rubber plug?? Again, need help here.

Have contacted a few salvage yards and haven't heard anything from them for this stuff(#2 & #3). It seems to get harder when a vehicle is no longer in production!

My 07 had a gas strut to hold open the box lid by the cab. My '10 does not.

I'm sure you can find some non-Ford rubber plugs and a hardware store or online that will work.

My '10 has the gas strut to hold the lid open, but it doesn't work. I would be interested in cheaper alternatives for this strut, maybe a little more powerful.

LOL, Couldn't even tell you, I NEVER opened the one at the cab, I have a bed mat.

Todd Z

Latest posts