Couple of questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Duff

Reaction score
As a new member and owner, I have a couple of questions. First, I have just bought a bed extender and it appears that I need some sort of mounting bolt that would align in the middle whole of the bed. The extender did not come with anything other than the frame itself. Can anyone help me identify what I am missing?

Second issue. Are there any known issues with the rear door unlocks working intermittently? It is as if the child lock is on when the switch is not activated. Any help would be appreciated.

hello,

I have the same problem with the rear doors all the time, i have to let my friends out of the car because they cant get out, and the child lock is off. its very weird and i looked into as well.

I have a 2001 sport trac..if anyone has a soltuion..let us know.

thanks

The earlier power motors were known for braking the rivets that hold them to the doors.

There were issues with the rods in the door going from the Handel to the lock bending, or the plastic cracking causing an issue..

You need the Bed extender pivot pins..

Ford sells them.

here is the part number W-707381-S900. About $8.00 each from ford.

Todd Z

Matt and Chris,

I had to replace the inside door handle on my passenger back door b\c the plastic clip broke that held the lock rod in place. It was less then $20 at my local dealer and is super simple to install yourself, took less then 5 minutes.

Latest posts