Coolant Leak... need part...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Ha! Another problem comes about... Noticed after lunch today that the engine was smoking. Found out I have coolant leaking from somewhere onto the headers/exhaust. Was pretty sure it would be the main intake manifold gasket. Dropped by FORD for help. They determined it is a part that is discontinued. It is on the passenger side with like 5 hoses going into it. Mine has rusted through and now is leaking.

I took a picture but I can't get the thing at the bottom to work. It opens a new window but doesn't show my pictures. So I will hyperlink it.

I would go to a plumbers shop and have them bend a piece of tubing that size. use double hose clamps.

Went to FORD, this is what they gave me for more information. I squared out the part. In the right hand area they gave me the part #.

Update...

Found a parts 2003 Sport Trac in WV on craigslist. Went to check out the truck. Got me a part. $25. Told the guy, I would be back to get the seats and probably some other stuff, like the ARE fiberglass bed cover.

Just replace with rubber hose..... done. Those stupid metal pipes are junk !!!

Todd Z

Got the new part installed today. Last night, took the part and sanded it down to get rid of anything that looked bad, then put a coat of rustoleum or however it is spelled. It looked very nice. Because I am lazy, had FORD do the install today. They charged me $40 for the install.

Latest posts