Console lid refinish options

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
Ok, I have researched ebay and a few other sites and after contacting a local wrecking yard, I've decided to look into center console lid refinish options. Honestly, I would rather spend an extra $15 + shipping and have someone else refinish my trusty console lid; so who has experience with this and does anyone from the site offer this type of 'ship off' labor? I'd prefer to hit this site before I ship mine and pay for the returned product.

I assume someone does this already, however I could easily see this being an opportunity for an enterprising teen to experiment and make more $$ providing a prized site (and Explorer) option for those of us with horribly cracked and embarrasing console lids.:):)

TIA. !!

Look in the yellow pages by you under auto apulstry..... They can do it for you...

IF not maybe there is a member here that did theirs and can do your for you...

Todd Z

Todd.... I'm under the assumption that an upholestry shop will be crazy expensive for what I want. I guess I am best served paying the $15 + shipping off of ebay and have them send me the polyester/vinyl repair kit and spend the time to do it myself. With lids on ebay going for over $60, it's worth doing it yourself. I can almost guarantee that anyone with a trac exposed to console wear and/or heat will have a cracked lid that there is a market for.

I went to the local fabric shop and got some fake leather that was very close to the same color as my leather. I took the lid apart and used a stapele gun and some hot glue to recover it. Cost -- about 7.50.

Latest posts