Conflicted... Paint cladding or add Limited Slip.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
I've got about 300 bucks i'm just playing around with for the trac and am debating if I want to have a shop paint my cladding and bumpers to match or order an Aussie locker to finally have the rear wheels work the way i've always been used to..

What would you do?

Paint cladding to match or install a Limited Slip?

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy my oem Limited slip and save an extra couple of bucks and have BOTH done !!!! :lol:

Todd Z

Any questions ??? LOL

oh... I decided to hold on to old tacklberry. Literally i went looking around and found nothing that Reeealllly made me go - That One!

Avalanche was extremely close. but in the end... i just couldn't cheat on my Ford's.

Ford needs to make something comparable dam it.

Can you call me ??

Woppy,

The price I gave you Shipped is fine with me......

Todd Z

If you are in an area that the locking rear end (or the L/S) will be advantageous to have, then hands down go for that.

You will be VERY happy with the control you gain in the winter time, and that is priceless when you are just driving along watching others slide off the road...

Woppy, gotta couple questions for ya. Where'd ya get the sunroof? measurements? cost? Also the 40/40 rear seats, were those factory on yours or did you get them out of another truck?:cool:

Sunroof = Funsport 19x34 Sunroof made by http://www.donmar.com. I think it was $200? + $200 for a professional install. (I'd go with a pro here because that sucker literally is the largest you could put in and still retain your front interior lights and roof support beam) However, I don't believe they make them anymore because everyone is simply just going with power sunroofs. But if you can get one they are great. No leaks, noise, plenty of vent, and at a stop light turned into a full opening in the summer etc.

The 40/40 seats are a project I did awhile back. It's under the projects page. I now have my subwoofer/amp in the empty cavity.

Todd - still getting word from buddy. he won't get off till late so i'll have an answer for ya in the morning.