Confederate flag

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a battered Ranger today flying a huge stars and bars in the bed. Way to perpetuate the stereotype. I'm a Yankee and white so it doesn't mean much to me. Southern pride, nothing more. No different to me than if I was flying a Steelers flag or Italian flag.

Being in southern GA, the only time I've seen the Confederate flag flown is down the interstate from me where the Sons of the Confederacy meet and once when I was in Pittsburgh flying off the back of a pickup. The whole thing is a distraction. Nobody really flies the flag.

"Nobody really flies the flag"

"Being in southern GA"

"Down the interstate from me where the Sons of the Confederacy meet"

THE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE OF WHY I LOVE THE INTERNET.

Frank if you truly support the removal of the Confederate Flag for racist/slavery reasons, I understand. I do wonder how you stand on the American Flag. The American Flag had 100 plus years rule over slavery compared to the Confederate Battle Flag which only flew over Civil War battles for less than 4 years. The Confederate Flags are seldom flown.

I grew up in the Virginia with Grandparents who were born close to the end of the War of Northern aggression. They still had strong feeling about the "War" (as it is known in the South), and while my families did not have anything but the US Flag in their homes they still had strong beliefs that were passed on through the generations.

I can tell you now my feelings that were passed on from them. While I have never owned a Confederate Battle Flag I believe it's popularity in the South stands 99% for the proud standards of southern living. It to me does demonstrate some hatred, not of the African American, but of Damn Yankees that indiscriminately burnt and lay waste to the Southern States.

Latest posts