Condenser core interchange

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
Last summer I realize my ST has no A/C & the compressor wasn't kicking on. Since I don't use her that much I shrugged it off.

Yesterday I bypassed the low switch, the compressor kicked on so I figured I either had a leak or a bad low pressure switch.

I found that the HHO system I removed had leaked & the electrolyte actually ATE the condenser core. :banghead:

I'm sure this core is not unique to the 2002 st, would you happen to know if other ford truck's condenser's fit? F150, Rangers?

1800radiator can help you with a cheep one... as for interchange, i have no clue..

Todd Z

You can buy good new condensor cores cheap. At any major auto parts. These aluminum cores are throw aways. They crack easy. Dont buy used. They dont make any of them as well as 20 yrs ago.

Just remove the compressor, condensor and lines if you don't use the A/C, I did. You just need to replace the belt with a shorter one. I shed around 78lbs from the front of the Trac and made it alot easier to work on stuff in the engine bay. I have a thread on here with full details. I'll add a link to it if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd & Eddie, I checked around & yor're right these cores are inexpensive new so, I'm going that route.

Jerry, living in the south & owning a vehicle w/o A/C is rough. My 50+ year old butt would sweat too much :cheeky:<lol>