Complete overhaul Info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
So I got my taxes back. Yay!!! 2004 Trac is at almost 190k miles. I think it is finally due for an overhaul and I need your help to figure out what to buy. So, with the help I can gather from others, I am going to need suggestions and part numbers of stuff.

Need New Body Bushings

Upper & Lower Control Arm Bushings or just replace the arms that come with new bushings

Tie Rod bushings

None of these parts have ever been replaced before.

And anything else you suggest...

Planning to get my SuperLift installed at a rep shop and because the truck is a bit old, the shop is unable to get certain parts. They are a custom off road shop. Anyway, I figured if I can get the parts that are needed, then while they are already in there doing new body bushings, I can go ahead and get the lift put on with new supplies as well.

Thanks in advance.

ITs normally easier to just replace the whole arm, Messing with the torsion bars can be tricky for the lowers.

Get moog stuff on line.

As for body bushings I saw Dorman makes them now too. Prothane or Daystar.

I like the prothane kit a little better.

Todd Z

Thanks... I found all parts from Moog on Amazon and saved a bit of money doing that. I just put the truck in the shop tonight. Shop is charging $90 an hour. About the best I could find for what I want done. I got Prothane red body bushings. I got Moog upper control arms with ball joints. Didn't really need lowers since they were just done about a year ago. Inner and outer tie rods and sway bar bushings. Also ordered the remaining parts I needed from SuperLift, which were shocks, front drive shaft, sway bar links and front skid plate. The rest of the parts of the kit I got years, years ago from Chad. It was a used kit, that he no longer needed since he changed the front over the leaf springs. The shop, said they would sand blast all the parts and paint them for me and of course install, bleed the brakes and front wheel alignment. Total will be about 1200. Other shops in the area wanted about $110 an hour and said total would be around $2000. The shop owner said he might be done by Thursday of this week. After that, time to order some wheels. Am interested in 20x10 with 37x12.50/20 tires, but I am unsure what backspacing to get. Any ideas?

Latest posts